How To Work In Australia
Australia is a beautiful country with amazing resources, high employment, and fantastic lifestyles that appeal to millions of people in the world. Australia is open to foreigners who wish to pursue their careers in the country. There are lots of opportunities available for one to explore provided they meet the job requirements.
The very first thing to consider as an expatriate going to Australia to work is your eligibility. There are several job opportunities for skilled workers listed on the Skilled Occupation List of Australia. Ensure that your occupation is contained on the list before applying.
Also, the General Skilled Migration Program (GSM) is used for recruiting foreign skilled workers into the country. The program is point-based and assesses all details that qualify you for the job. Factors like your English proficiency, work experience, age, education, and so on are assessed. You must obtain at least 65 points to be considered a suitable candidate.
Australia Work Visa
To apply for a work visa as a temporary resident, you can apply under any of these categories.
- Skilled Migration Visa: This visa type is reserved for foreign workers who meet the requirements for skilled workers and can contribute to the Australian labor market
- Sponsored Work Visa: This visa type is for foreign workers who are yet to meet the stipulated criteria but have an Australian citizen who can sponsor them for a work visa. People who can sponsor such include a recognized Australian employer or any of the government agencies in the country.
Find easy-to-do high paying jobs in Canada for every class of immigrants.
Requirements For An Australian Work Visa
- A good English proficiency score – IELTS scores are preferred
- Skill type must be contained in the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
- Competent skill and work experience
- Skill Assessment Report from a recognized assessing authority like ACS, AACA, etc.
- Medical report
- Police clearance
Ensure you meet all the stipulated criteria before applying for an Australian Work Visa to avoid complications.