CANADA VISA APPLICATION – APPLY ONLINE – Do you want to visit or relocate to Canada right away but don’t really know how to start your application process? Not to worry, this post is specifically designed to help you easily and quickly navigate your Canada Visa Application and show you how you can seamlessly apply online with the necessary requirements and documents.
CANADIAN VISA REQUIREMENTS
- You can download it from here: Form IMM5257.
- Fill it out digitally. You don’t need to print it out or sign it.
- View the form using Adobe Acrobat. When you view the forms online, sometimes the file won’t load at all, displaying a “Please wait” message instead, especially if you’re using Chrome or Firefox (Yep, it’s best accessed using IE.). Download it anyway. When you open it using a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional, you’ll see that the form is actually there. Fill it out using Acrobat.
- Leave the signature field blank. You will be providing your electronic signature later in the process (when you’re submitting the form).
- ACCOMPLISHED FAMILY INFORMATION FORM
- Sometimes, it’s the IMM5645E Form. Sometimes, it’s the IMM5707 Form. Both are Family Information Forms. To be safe, submit the form that is indicated in your Document Checklist.
- You can download it from here: IMM5654E.
- Fill it out electronically. Same with the Application Form, if the page doesn’t load, use Acrobat Reader. And don’t sign it. You will be asked for a digital signature later in the application process.
- VALID PASSPORT
- Scanned copy of the bio page and all pages with visas and stamps.
- Your passport must have at least 6 months validity and signature. If you’re using a new 10-year e-passport, you can find the signature field on Page 3, the page next to the Information Page. If you’re using a 5-year e-passport, the bio page already has a digital signature so NO NEED to sign it again.
- DIGITAL PHOTO
- Passport-size (35mm x 45mm).
- White background.
- Specs here: Canada Visa Photo
- The website indicated “scanned” when I applied, but I uploaded a soft copy of the photo instead.
- PROOF OF PURPOSE OF TRAVEL
Submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a TEMPORARY visit. You can submit any or all of the following:
- flight ticket departing Canada (return or onward ticket)
- your travel itinerary
- hotel booking
- TRAVEL HISTORY
Scanned. This can be any or all of the following:
- previous passports used within the last 10 years
- expired and valid visas
- entrance and exit stamps
If you’re living outside your country of citizenship, submit a copy of your immigration status document.
- PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
Scanned copies of any or all of the following:
- Bank statement for the past 4 months
- a Certificate of Employment
- Income Tax Returns (ITR)
- proof of assets (land titles, etc.).
If you’re a student: you must also submit proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees.
If someone else is funding your trip: also submit a letter from the person or institution providing you with money.
- BUSINESS REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS
Only if you’re self-employed or if you’re traveling for business.
You can submit SEC, DTI, or BIR registration documents, as long as it indicates the registered name of the business, the business address, and type of ownership.
- LETTER OF EXPLANATION
This is optional. It’s not really a requirement, but if you wish to provide more info about the trip, you can submit a letter of explanation.
I wrote a letter explaining why I want to visit Canada and the details of my trip. It’s short and straight to the point.
- VISA FEE AND BIOMETRICS FEE
Visa Fee: CAD 100. MasterCard, Visa, and American Express cards are accepted.
Biometrics Fee: CAD 85. MasterCard, Visa, and American Express cards are accepted.